These notes accompany the sermon found here.
- Today’s Text: Acts 21:27-36.
- See previous sermons, “Thy Will Be Done,” and “The Bond of Peace.”
The Tools of Our Enemy
- False Accusations
- “No foreigner may enter within the barricade which surrounds the sanctuary and enclosure. Anyone who is caught so doing will have himself to blame for his ensuing death.”
- See John 8:44; 1 John 2:22; Revelation 21:8; Genesis 3:1-7; Ephesians 2:1-3.
- See Luke 21:12-19; John 15:20; 1 Peter 5:8.
- See Acts 19:32; James 1:14-15.
- See Acts 17:5.
The Tools of Our Lord
- See Philippians 1:19-26; Acts 19:21, 23:11.
- Everything! See Psalm 115:3; Proverbs 21:1; Isaiah 46:10, 55:11; Ephesians 1:11; Romans 8:28; Revelation 4:11.
How do we equip ourselves for such situations?
- Abide in Christ.This is outlined in John 15.
- Commune with God in prayer. Ephesians 3:14-21, 6:10-20.
- Let His Word abide in you. Like John 12:31, the ruler of this world is defeated.
- Commune with the saints of God.
- See Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.
- All New Testament promises are provided through the context of a local church.
How will I respond to today’s sermon?