These notes accompany the sermon found here.
- Today’s Text: John 18:28-19:16.
- Pontius Pilate – Ruled from A.D. 26-36.
- “Let justice be done though the heavens fall!”
The Questions of Pontius Pilate in the book of John.
- What Accusation do you bring against this man? John 18:29.
- Are you the king of the Jews? John 18:33.
- Am I a Jew? John 18:35.
- What have you done? John 18:35.
- So you are a king? John 18:37.
- What is truth? John 18:38.
- So do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews? John 18:39.
- Where are you from? John 19:9.
- You will not speak to me? John 19:10.
- Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you? John 19:10.
- Shall I crucify your king? John 19:15.
Our Own Questions
- Is Jesus king?
- Is Jesus my king?