These notes accompany the sermon found at sermonaudio.com/sermon/9202013437474
One Race: Human
Gen. 9:19, 10:1, 3:20, 1:26-2:25; Malachi 2:10; Acts 17:26;
One Color: Melanin
One Problem: Sin
- Sin of partiality: Dt. 1:17, 16:19; Leviticus 19:15; Proverbs 18:5; 24:23, 28:21; 2 Cor. 5:16; James 2:1-4, 9, 3:17; 1 Tim. 5:21.
- God shows no partiality: Dt. 10:17; Luke 20:20; Acts 6:1-6, 10:28, 34; Rom. 2:11; Gal. 2:6; Eph. 6:9; Col. 3:25;
- The full title of Darwin’s most famous work is On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.
- Stephen J. Gould (evolutionist) noted, “Biological arguments for racism may have been common before 1859, but they increased by orders of magnitude following acceptance of evolutionary theory.” Ref: Stephen Jay Gould, Ontogeny and Phylogeny (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1977), p. 127.
- “The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.” ReferenceKeith, Sir Arthur, Evolution and Ethics (New York, NY: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1947), 230.
- “Difference which exists between the lowest, so-called men, and the other higher races is greater than between the lowest men and the highest apes.” Adolf Hitler.
Genesis 1-3; 8:20-9:17; Romans 5:12-21.
One Solution: Jesus Christ
- Matt. 9:36, 28:18-20; Rev. 5:9, 7:9, 14:6; Rom. 3:29; 1 John 1:9-10;
- Repent of any sin of partiality.
- Proclaim hope to the world.
- Join the conversation.
- Repent of evolutionary thinking.
- Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation from your sins.
- Take the next stop in your faith.
Macro-Evolution dismantled in 3 minutes:
- The Scientific Method in its various statements consistently includes observation and experimentation.
- There are no direct observations or experiments to support the following three critical areas of Macro-evolution: 1) Nothing becoming something. 2) Something dead becoming something living. 3) A living thing becoming a different kind of living thing. The only evidence put forward regarding these three parts of the theory are only conjectures based upon unprovable assumptions.
- Since important links in the overall theory are not supported by scientific evidence, they cannot be stated as scientific fact, and any conviction in the truth of the theory is not a scientific conviction.
- The overall theory of macro-evolution therefore must be taken by FAITH, as it is not established by science as a fact.
- This does not disprove the theory, but exposes the theory as a faith system rather than a scientific system.
- Now we can compare its merits as a faith system to our faith system, biblical Christianity. In this, Christianity has the advantage as it involves direct revelation from the Bible which is superior to scientific discovery in the reliability of its source. From biblical revelation, biblical Christianity better explains the universe – particular the intangible elements of our existence such as logic, reason, emotion, and morality.