These notes accompany the sermon found here.
Paul’s emotions about the Gospel.
- Gratitude, Romans 1:8. Are we thankful for the Gospel?
- Excitement, Romans 1:15. Are we excited about sharing the Gospel?
- (Not ashamed) Proud, Romans 1:16. Are we confident and pleased to share the Gospel?
God’s emotions about the Gospel.
- Wrath, Romans 1:18.
- Joy, Hebrews 12:2.
Our emotions about the Gospel.
- Excitement, Romans 1:15.
- Rejoicing, Romans 5:11. Do we feel joy at our reconciliation?
- Peace, Romans 5:1.
“Our reception of the Gospel should result in joy and peace in our minds and our hearts.”
See also Romans 1:1-20, 5:1, 5:8-10, 8:1; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Psalm 7:11; John 3:16-18; Ephesians 2:3; Hebrews 12:2.
How can we display our emotions?
- In our excitement to share the gospel
- In our worship
- In our daily living
In Christ Alone, Keith and Krystin Getty. “On the cross as Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied.”
Rock of Ages, Augustus Toplady.