- The One Necessary Thing is our relationship with Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:2-4:1; John 17:3.
Putting our relationship with Jesus Christ first in our lives yields:
- Confidence, Philippians 3:9; Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:20.
- Righteousness, Philippians 3:2, 9; Romans 3:21-26.
- Power, Philippians 3:10; Romans 8:11.
- Perspective, Philippians 3:8. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” C.S. Lewis
- Motivation, Philippians 3:12, 14; John 17:3; Matthew 6:33, 7:7-11.
Today, I will strive to know Jesus more by…
This year, I will strive to know Jesus more by…
More Quotes by brother C.S. Lewis
- “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” C.S Lewis
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” C.S. Lewis
- “I suggest to you that it is because God loves us that He gives us the gift of suffering. pain is God’s megaphone to rouse a deaf world. You see, we are like blocks of stone out of which the sculptor carves the forms of men. The blows of his chisel, which, hurt us so much are what makes us perfect.” C.S. Lewis