These notes accompany the sermon found here.
Paul’s hope in Christ is a hope in the fulfillment of the promise of God to the people of Israel and the fulfillment of all the prophets had to say.
- How is the “promise” to the fathers connected to the resurrection of the dead?
- See Acts 26:6-8; Romans 4:13-25; Genesis 17:4-6; Genesis 12:1-3, 22:1-19; Hebrews 11:17-19;
- The essence of the promise is life from death: A multitude of nations as descendants of Abraham by Faith. We are assembled together across generations, but will one day be united in the resurrection as a single great nation – the family of God.
- See Acts 26:22-23; Isaiah 52:13-53:12; Psalm 22; Daniel 9:24-27; Genesis 3:15, 3:21, 37-50; Jonah 1-4; Luke 24:25-27; John 5:39; Matthew 5:17-18; Revelation 5:9, 7:9, 10:11, 14:6.
- The entire Bible speaks about Jesus Christ.
- Study the scriptures
- Perform Deeds reflective of repentance.
What are some people or events from the Old Testament that foreshadow the suffering and resurrection of Jesus Christ?
What is your next step of obedience to God?