These notes accompany the sermon found here.
- Worldly justice is corrupted by human nature: Flattery, exaggeration, lies, negligence, bribery, partiality. See Proverbs 26:28; Psalm 12:2-3; Deuteronomy 1:16; Isaiah 1:23; Exodus 23:2; Romans 13:1-6; Ps 82.
- See Proverbs 10:9; John 10:27.
- Primary topic – faith in Christ Jesus:
- Subtopics – righteousness, self-control, and the coming judgment.
- See Daniel 12:2-3.
Are You Alarmed? Afraid?
- See Matthew 5-7; Revelation 20:11-15; Mark 1:15; Romans 3:21-26.
Are you a Felix? So close to the gospel, and yet hanging onto the things of the world? Do you think your sins are so great that they outweigh the perfect righteousness that Jesus has to offer? Repent and believe – this is why Jesus came.
Are you a Paul? Suffering worldly injustice and difficulty? How can your relationship with Jesus Christ be an encouragement. See Romans 8:18.