These notes accompany the sermon found here.
Transformation: Acts 19:18-20; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:1-4; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.
- The self-refutation of false religions: Acts 19:27-28. If Artemis is a true god, truly magnificent and worthy of worship the world over, how is she threatened by a single Jewish preacher? Notice how these worshipers begin to exhibit their broken worldview by mindless chanting, Acts 19:28, 34; confusion, Acts 19:29, 32; hatred, Acts 19:33-34; and lawlessness, Acts 19:38-39.
- A great contrast:
- The Gospel: Persuasion, truth, love, glory of God, salvation, liberation, faith, transformation, eternal.
- False religions: Propaganda, lies, anger, glory of men, superstition, bondage, fear, tradition, temporary.
- Have I been transformed? Do I have some books to burn?
- Do I believe in God’s power to transform? Me, my family, friends, community, nation, world?
- Will I take the next step in my transformation?