These notes accompany the sermon found here.
Sermons in the Series:
- The Servant of the Lord, Matthew 20:20-28.
- Coming on the Clouds, Matthew 26:57-68; Daniel 7:13-14; Psalm 110.
- So You Are a King? John 18:28-19:16.
- Hosanna! to the Son of David! Matthew 21:1-11.
- Going Back to Jerusalem, Luke 24:13-35.
The Problem of Doubt
The Word of God
- The solution to any failure concerning the Word of God is more Word of God.
- This proclamation of the Word of God by the people of God is his chosen instrument for salvation and for sanctification.
A Personal Encounter with God
- There is an element of the Christian faith that is both personal and subjective, but it is never divorced from the Word of God.
- There is a balance to be sought concerning the Word of God and a personal encounter with God.
- The Word of God without the personal revelation from God becomes a mere academic exercise – a house but not a home.
- Personal encounters with God insufficiently supported by His Word build a fragile faith like a home without a foundation.
The People of God
- See Psalm 22.
- Are you leaving Jerusalem?
- Are you helping people stay in Jerusalem?