These notes accompany the sermon found here.
There Was a Miracle
- Healing comes with the Kingdom. Isaiah 29:18; 35:5-6; Malachi 4:2; Matthew 15:30; Mark 1:34.
- As sickness is typical of (and a result of) sin, so also physical healing is typical of spiritual healing. See Isaiah 1:6, 6:10, 53:5 with 1 Peter 2:24. Also Genesis 2:17, 3:19; Romans 6:23; James 1:15.
- God accompanies the teaching of Jesus and the Apostles with signs and wonders, including healing, to prove the validity of the message – that Jesus came to save sinners. See Matthew 9:1-8, 11:2-19; Mark 2:3–12; Luke 5:18–26, 7:18-23; 1 Timothy 1:15.
- But now that we have the Word of God. We have transitioned to a time when the emphasis of the Gospel is on the Word of God, having already been proven by the initial signs and wonders. Romans 10:13-17; Galatians 3:2, 5; Luke 16:29-31; 1 Corinthians 1:18-19; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Peter 2:23-25; John 20:29, 17:20.
- In the end, false signs and wonders will be a tool for the antichrist and his predecessors. Matthew 24:24; Mark 13:22; Acts 8:9; Deut. 13:1–3; 18:15-22; 2 Thess. 2:9–11; Rev. 13:13-14; 16:14; 19:20.
- However, we should always pray for healing, for all healing is from God, and all healing is miraculous. James 5:14-15.
There Was a Sermon
- See Acts 3:11-26; Romans 15:19; 1 Cor. 2:3-5; 2 Cor. 12:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:5.
There Were Results
- The man was healed.
- Peter and John were arrested. Acts 4:3
- Many believed, and the total number of disciples came to about five thousand. Acts 4:4
- Ask God to save you.
- Walk, and leap, and praise God.
- Offer what you have.
What have you decided this day?