These notes accompany the sermon found here.
Psalm 37:4, “4 Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- The decision to Go: Acts 15:36, 13-14.
- The John Mark issue: Barnabas’ cousin, Colossians 4:10, who accompanied them previously, Acts 13:5, but left them before the journey was over, Acts 13:13. We find John Mark with Paul later, deemed “useful.” Colossians 4:10; 2 Timothy 4:11; Philemon 23-24.
- Timothy: Acts 16:1-3. He journeys much with Paul, and eventually settles to pastor the church at Ephesus. 1 Timothy 1:3 and is mentioned in many letters. See also 2 Timothy 3:14-15.
- Guidance of the Holy Spirit: Acts 16:6-7. See Romans 6:9; Matthew 18:19.
- The Macedonian Call: Acts 16:9-12.
- The seller of purple: Acts 16:11-15.
- God will set the Path
- God will do the Math